The LBI Trauma is now seeking to hire a full-time Postdoctoral Researcher (40 hours/week) for the Tissue Regeneration and Aging Group (TRegAging; Johannes Grillari). TRegAging aims to boost regenerative capacities using senolytic and/or extracellular vesicle based therapeutic strategies. The group is located at Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Traumatology (LBI Trauma) in the “Traumazentrum Wien - Standort Lorenz Böhler” and at the Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, BOKU – University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna.
- Planning and performing of experiments in vitro and in vivo preclinical models;
- Data analysis;
- Disseminating results through conference presentations and academic publishing;
- Mentoring pre-doctoral students;
- Contribution to the organizational and social life of LBI Trauma.
- A completed doctoral degree in a cell biology-related field with knowledge of aging/senescence and/or bone regeneration;
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: cell culture, histology, physiology of pre-clinical models;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- International academic work experience is a plus;
- Experience with animals and/or FELASA training course or similar is a plus
- Broad intellectual curiosity and good social skills to positively impact a transdisciplinary project.
Terms of employment
This position is an exciting opportunity to advance your career in a dynamic environment. You will be co-supervised by Dr. Ingo Lämmermann and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Johannes Grillari. We offer a 3-year contract, including a one-month probation period, starting February 1st, 2022 or as soon as possible. The offered gross annual salary is EUR 55.160 in line with FWF salary scheme. Five weeks of paid vacation time are included. The successful candidate will be eligible for career development support from the LBG’s inhouse career service (Career Center; https://cc.lbg.ac.at/). We encourage applications by women.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail to LBI Trauma office (email@example.com) and must include a letter of motivation, an academic CV including a list of publications. Please indicate possible career interruptions due to childcare obligations. In addition, names and contact details of two references must be submitted.
The application deadline is December 31, 2021, 08:00 CET. We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you personally!