The LBI Trauma is looking for a full-time Postdoctoral Researcher (40 hours/week) for the newly-funded 3-year long CEUS FWF grant to Sepsis-Trauma-Shock research group. The CEUS grant specifically focuses on the therapeutic application of stem cells in the pathophysiology of acute and chronic sepsis.
- Planning/performing in vitro and preclinical sepsis modeling
- Data managing and statistical analyses
- Presentation of results at meetings and conferences
- Writing of scientific papers
- Mentoring pre-doctoral students
- Contribution to the organizational and social life of the LBI Trauma
- PhD in medicine/biology-related fields with focus on inflammatory/infection conditions
- Experience in one (or more) of the following: rodent models of infection/inflammation, rodent cognitive/behavioral research, histology, -omics (e.g. metabolomics), molecular biology, stem cells research, cell stimulation assays
- FELASA certification is a plus
- Good English communication skills (oral/writing) are compulsory
- Intellectual curiosity, independence and good team-work skills
The successful candidate will report to Dr. Marcin Osuchowski, head of Sepsis-Trauma-Shock group. More information about Dr. MO’s research profile here: https://trauma.lbg.ac.at/en/team/gruppe-c/marcin-osuchowski
Terms of employment:
This position is an exciting opportunity to advance your career in a dynamic and interdisciplinary research environment. We offer a 3-year contract, including a one-month probation period, starting January 1st, 2022 or whenever possible after that date. The offered gross annual salary follows the FWF employment guidelines (https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs) and approximates EUR 3.945,90 for 40 hours/week. Five weeks of paid vacation time are included. The successful candidate will be eligible for career development support from the LBG’s career service (https://cc.lbg.ac.at/). We encourage applications by women and international candidates.
Applications must be submitted via e-mail to Dr. M. Osuchowski (email@example.com) and must include: i) a letter of motivation and ii) an academic CV including a list of publications. In addition, names and contact details of two references must be submitted.
The application deadline is November 12, 2021, 17:00 CET. We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you personally! Interviews can be performed in a virtual and/or personal format.